According to Press TV quoting the Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights, the kingdom launched a massive military aggression against its southern neighbor in March 2015 to restore the country’s Riyadh-allied government. The offensive has martyred and injured over 600,000 civilians.
The Ansarullah fighters have been defending the country in the face of the onslaught by staging missile and sniper counterattacks against Saudi-based targets, as well as fighting Saudi-backed militants inside Yemen.
Mohammad al-Bukhaiti, a top figure in the Movement’s Supreme Political Council, told The Financial Times that the fighters were manufacturing their own missiles, dismissing Riyadh’s accusation that Iran was delivering the projectiles to the fighters.
“The Yemenis have added new systems for manufacturing missiles, so more missiles are targeting Saudi Arabia as a part of an escalation,” the British daily quoted him as saying in an interview.
On Saturday, Ansarullah fighters fired eight missiles at a number of “economic and vital targets” in the southwestern Saudi region of Jizan. Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah television network cited a military source as saying that the projectiles hit their targets with great precision.
Al-Bukhaiti said the counterattack “was only the beginning of the response” to the assassination of Saleh al-Samad. The head of the Supreme Political Council was assassinated by Saudi forces last week.
Bukhaiti said the Ansarullah fighters would continue their tit-for-tat strikes until Riyadh “stops its aggression completely.”