Breaking News

Israeli police officer seriously wounded in al-Quds stabbing assault

An Israeli police officer has sustained critical injuries after a Palestinian man carried out a stabbing attack in the wake of the recent decision by US President Donald Trump to recognize Israeli-occupied al-Quds as the capital of the Tel Aviv regime.

Zionist regime’s media outlets reported that a young Palestinian stabbed the officer near the Central Bus Station in al-Quds on Sunday afternoon.

The Jerusalem Post daily newspaper reported that the 24-year-old attacker approached the police stand at the entrance to the bus station, assaulted an officer and began running away down Jaffa Street.
He was initially apprehended by cab driver, before police intervened and arrested the attacker.

Zionist regime’s Magen David Adom Emergency Medical services said the 25-year-old officer suffered a wound to his upper body, and is in severe condition.

Meanwhile, an Israeli military vehicle has run over a Palestinian girl in the southern part of the occupied West Bank.

Palestinian security sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the incident took place in the city of al-Khalil, located 30 kilometers (19 miles) south of al-Quds, on Sunday.

The sources identified the victim as five-year-old Razan Jaber, noting that she suffered an injury in her foot. She was transferred to hospital to receive treatment.

The occupied Palestinian territories have witnessed fresh tensions in the aftermath of Trump’s decision to recognize al-Quds as Israel’s capital.

On Wednesday, Trump announced his decision to recognize al-Quds as Israel’s capital and relocate the US embassy in the occupied lands from Tel Aviv to al-Quds.

The dramatic shift in Washington’s al-Quds policy triggered demonstrations in the occupied Palestinian territories, Iran, Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Tunisia, Algeria, Iraq, Morocco and other Muslim countries.

On Sunday, violent clashes erupted outside the US Embassy in the Lebanese capital city of Beirut during a protest against US president’s decision to officially recognize al-Quds as Israel’s capital.
Demonstrators burnt tires, the US and Israeli flags as they pushed to break through a barbed wire erected by security forces around the embassy complex.
Security forces fired teargas and water cannon to disperse the angry protesters.