More than a dozen civilians have been martyred when Saudi military aircraft carried out separate airstrikes against various areas across Yemen as the Saudi regime presses ahead with an atrocious military campaign against its crisis-hit southern neighbor.
Local sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, said fifteen people lost their lives on Monday when Saudi fighter jets bombarded a residential building in the Yakhtal area of the Red Sea port city of Mokha, situated 346 kilometers south of the capital, Sana’a, Arabic-language al-Masirah satellite television network reported.
The sources noted that the fatalities included seven children and eight women.
Earlier in the day, Saudi warplanes had carried out seven aerial assaults against a mechanized infantry camp in the Harf Sufyan district of Yemen’s Northwestern Province of ‘Amran. There were no immediate reports of casualties and the extent of damaged inflicted though.
Meanwhile, Yemeni army soldiers, backed by fighters from allied Popular Committees, struck Moannaq military camp in Saudi Arabia’s southwestern border region of Jizan, located 969 kilometers south of the capital Riyadh, in response to Ale Saud regime’s deadly airstrikes against their conflict-stricken country.
A Yemeni military official, requesting anonymity, said several Saudi soldiers were killed and wounded as artillery rounds rained down on the camp.
Saudi Arabia has been incessantly pounding Yemen since March 2015 in an attempt to reinstate Hadi, a staunch ally of Riyadh, and to undermine the Houthi Ansarullah movement. The Riyadh regime has, however, failed to reach its goals despite suffering great expense.
The military aggression has claimed the lives of more than 12,000 people, mostly civilians.